Sunday, May 24, 2026

Riddles about the Sky

 For clues, see the slideshow.


There are fields beyond measure and cattle beyond counting; horned is their shepherd and their lord abounds in gold. Who are they?
reveal/hide answerThe fields are the sky, and the cattle are the stars, the moon is their shepherd and the sun is their lord.

I sit on the stove but I am not burnt; I climb the wall and can sit on the ceiling; I go through a keyhole without having to squeeze. Who am I?
reveal/hide answerI am sunlight.

You welcome me each day, but you cannot look me in the face. Who am I?
reveal/hide answerI am the sun.

How can you make the moon dance?
reveal/hide answerToss a stone in water where the moon is reflected.

There is a giant who has two eyes: one sees by day and the other by night. What are they?
reveal/hide answerThe giant is the sky; one eye is the sun and one eye is the moon.

How many balls of string would it take to reach the moon?
reveal/hide answerOnly one; it just needs to be a very very very big ball of string.

I am the biggest house in the world, but I have no walls. What am I?
reveal/hide answerI am the sky.

At night they come without being summoned, and by day they run away. Who are they?
reveal/hide answerThe stars.

I've existed as long as the earth, but I am one month old at most. Who am I?
reveal/hide answerI am the moon.

What holds the moon in its orbit?
reveal/hide answerMoon beams.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are limited to Google accounts only (to reduce spam).