Here is today's riddle:
Tippity-tet,
Lippity-let,
The more I dry,
The wetter I get.
Who am I?
clue:
Tippity-tet, I start with the letter T.clue:
Lippity-let, I end with the letter L.clue:
Hang me up and I'll dry out again.reveal/hide answer
A towel.I am trying a new clue strategy today! The first two clues are the first and last letters of the answer, and I wove those clues into the riddle itself with the nonsense doggerel. That way the clues are "in" the riddle, and they also form part of the rhyme.
This will work only with one-word answers, but a lot of riddles have one-word answers!
I really like how this prompts you to think about the answer to the riddle as a thing, but also as a word, which means as something that is made up of letters. Having letter clues like this makes it like a crossword, where you might have letters to help you find the answer.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments are limited to Google accounts only (to reduce spam).